The Incident



You don't need to know her secrets
Believe me..

They locked you up
So I forgot you
Forgot your name, so strange
I wonder if you got out

Teasing all my feelings out, you move away
It seems so natural to you

Recording all my problems onto memory cards
I'm taking control
And I save my soul

I want to be loved

And laughing under summer showers
Is still the way I see you now

Give me a sign I can breathe air
With the winter in my throat

Silence is another way
Of saying what I wanna say
And lying is another way
Of hoping it will go away
And you were always my mistake…

Sleeping with my ball and chain
When she cries I take the blame

Denial is a better way
Of getting through another day

Nothing is new here underneath the sun

One thought is stopping me from sleeping
I saw the future and it's breeding
I know what will be

You have no interest in the past

There's nothing here for you under the sun
There's nothing new to do, it's all been done
Never seem to get away from this
It's all falling into an abyss

You stole the only thing you love
So unfaithful, the drop is fatal

I didn't want to feel like a slave to your mood swings
And I'm not saying anything I wouldn't say behind your back

It's so hard to get along
I always know what you're gonna say

Now I gotta be the one to turn away, it's time to react
I walked away, now remember me lover

I've been through this with you about a hundred times
Agree to disagree, start again, with our lives

Then every single morning I wake up and you're still there
But tomorrow you will be alone and that is all you deserve


Lyric excerpts from 'The Incident' an album by Porcupine Tree.

Comentarios

Entradas populares