If Not Now When?



I have waited
Dined on ashes

I've waited all my life
If not now, when will I?


Another hour, give or take
I'm not a sinner or a preacher..

I'm on the road of least resistance
Now you see me, now you don't
I've seen that porcelain shell

What's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me

Start a collection
Of everything we're not
And won't be


I just don't understand why I can't be happy too
Your smiles are salt in the wound
A slap upon a back that's been toiling in the sun


I'm ready to run and you're making me crawl

You can't just leave, I've given everything
I can't believe you're taking everything


It's not who you were
it's who you are
and we've come this far lover


I only go where I'm wanted
You go only where you want


There is a ghost in my house
Rattling handles on every door


Girl you're the original
Always were
And always will be


Our most awakened inclination
And your elegant aberration


The boy has gone, let's grieve and let him go.
He left at dawn, but it's a new day don't you know?

It was there with their eyes like glowing embers
the man you see was made.

I can't find any shade,
I'm feeling out of bounds, I'm running out of time,

I know you vie for the good ol' days
and with less of us around, we were a cinch to sway


Does it feel like it's the end of the world?
well maybe it is, 

but when was it not?

Lyric excerpts from 'If Not Now When?' an album by Incubus

Comentarios

Entradas populares