The Sun Is A Lightbulb



The curtains stay closed now
On my little retreat
My head beats a better way
Tomorrow a better day

How is your life today ?
Each second seems like a lifetime..
And the cat it's been staring at me all this time.

And I have tried and I have died
Trying to get through
But in the end I can't defend you.

She changes every time you look
By summer it was all gone - now she's moved on
She called you every other day
So savour it it's all gone - now she's moved on

After all the time I spent with you
Summer went away
And we just weren't the same

It's just you and me alone
Not grown ups but not kids
You kissed me on the lips

I was pretending to be floating strong
But I was sinking
In to still water

One simple thing that I never could see
But now I know
All of the rest will flow..

It's a lonely life in my empty bed
And it's a quiet life that leaks from my head
These are the last rites
The line is dead.

Tied to a time
When we knew that the sun would shine
And you were all smiles
And we could just talk for a while

Of where we would be when the future comes..

Strange how you never become
The person you see when you're young…

You think I deserve this?
You said I was stupid.
All my thoughts are like coal...

Can't stop myself drinking...
Can't stop being me...
Nothing melts in this cold.

If I call will you come and will you... save me?

So see how long I can last
You can pretend that I don't exist for you
And I can laugh about it now
But I hated every minute..

We made the world believe we didn't care..
Standing next to you I disappear.

I erase myself again...

In your shadow I disappear..





Lyric excerpts from 'Lightbulb Sun’ an album by Porcupine Tree

Comentarios

Entradas populares