Estúpido sueño



She was a friend that I could not reach
she thought I was cold but I understand
And I may just waste away from doing nothing
But you're a martyr for even less…

And even though I got it all now
My only stupid dream
Is you and me together
And how it should have been

You find me wanting...
You find me bloodless but inspired
You find me out..
You find me hallucinating fire.

No narcotics in my brain
Can make this go away

I found a better way to curb the pain
You put a trigger here inside my brain.

Don't hate me
I'm not special like you
I'm tired and I'm so alone

Don't fight me
I know you'll never care
Can I call you on the telephone, now and then?

This is no rehearsal - somebody
interpret this for me

If you - wanted to
You'd find - inside my mind
Things so surreal
My lips are sealed

Strange as I seem
I'm getting stranger by the minute

And I will wait for you
Until the sky is blue
And I will wait for you
What else can I do?

The more that I fake it and pretend I don't care
The more you can read into what isn't there

Maybe it's time to stop swimming
Maybe it's time to find out where I'm at
What I should do and where I should be

I'll leave now this can't continue...
But I forget which door I came through
And I know that the lift can be painfully slow
So I think I'll leave by the window


Lyric excerpts from a ‘Stupid Dream’ an album by Porcupine Tree

Comentarios

Entradas populares